...And Now for the HB717 Superior Court Districts: A Way to Examine (NC)
Earlier today I posted about HB717's proposed District Court districts, and provided a map to better explore them.
The Superior Courts have fewer judges, but try more significant cases – it seemed worthwhile to provide a map to explore their proposed districts, too:
These districts are quite similar to the District Court districts, except for six places. In the Superior Court maps:
- Onslow (4A) is separate from Sampson and Duplin Counties (4B)
- Wayne (5A) is separate from Greene, Lenoir, and Jones Counties (5B)
- Two of Wake County's District Court Districts (10BD and 10AE) are split into halves (not surprisingly, 10B/10D and 10A/10E respectively)
- Brunswick (13B) is separate from Columbus and Bladen Counties (13A)
- Catawba (35A) is separate from Burke and Caldwell Counties (35B)
- The seven westernmost counties are split into two districts (41A & 41B)
Next up, some analysis of the District Court districts.